4HCW:Code of Conduct
4H Compter Club Code of Conduct
The primary purpose of the New Jersey 4-H Code of Conduct is to ensure the safety and well-being of all participants at 4-H sponsored events and activities. It applies to all participants, with participants defined as 4-H members, their parents, and volunteers.
As a participant in the 4-H program, I will:
- Conduct myself in a courteous manner and treat members, parents, 4-H volunteers, Extension staff, judges and others with respect. Appropriate language and behavior are expected at all times.
- Respect and adhere to the rules and guidelines of the 4-H program including all those specific to a 4-H event or activity.
- Uphold an individual’s right to dignity by supporting an environment of inclusion which welcomes involvement of participants from all backgrounds.
- Accept supervision and support from county and state 4-H staff while participating in the 4-H program. This includes acceptance of supervision and support from appointed 4-H volunteers coordinating 4-H events and activities.
- Obey local, state and federal laws.
Participants who fail to adhere to the New Jersey 4-H Code of Conduct are subject to a range of disciplinary actions. Such actions will be taken in compliance with the New Jersey 4-H Discipline Policy and Procedure. When appropriate, immediate corrective action will be taken at the 4-H event to ensure the safety and welfare of all participants.
Rules for Online Activities
Our online services (like our Discord server) are for club members to get help and socialize about their computer-related projects. Please stay on topic in posting your content.
Do not say, link, or refer to anything club-inappropriate, such as bad language, or content involving politics, hate speech, or discrimination.
Treat all members and leaders with respect. Bullying and harassment will not be tolerated.
Be polite to everyone, and if someone asks you to stop doing something, we expect you to respect their wishes. Please don't take matters into your own hands under any circumstance, instead, let the parent leaders know and they will take proper action.
Leaders will remove any content that is not appropriate. Repetitive failure to follow the rules will result in membership suspension.